Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dilantha
Post Patron
Post Patron

Do I need setup personal gateway needed if company already setup gateway ?

Hi,
I have problem with gateway setup. My company already setup standered gateway for the database .
But Im the person who developed power bi dashboard.
Do I still need to create personal gateway to setup schedule refresh and testing?
What steps  do I need follow ?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Dilantha 

Question 1: Ans: Yes

Question 2: Ans: If you are directly specifying the SQL statement in the advanced option, query folding will not work. Try to remove that and check the incremental refresh settings again. 

Question 3: Ans: Please refer to this documentation. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-incremental-refresh

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos 👍

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Dilantha You don't need to set-up the personal gateway. You can reuse the existing on-premise data gateway. If you don't have gateway admin access, you have to contact your gateway admin to add a new data source to the gateway. 

On-premises data gateway allows multiple users to connect to multiple on-premises data sources. You can use an on-premises data gateway with all supported services, with a single gateway installation. This gateway is well-suited to complex scenarios with multiple people accessing multiple data sources.
Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

thank you for the response, 
I have another few questions to ask,

1. If I have 2 separate excel files admin should give permission through gateway, right?
2. I have imported data from mysql views and added incremental refresh , But Im seeing below message,
how to resolve that ? 

Dilantha_0-1609137794164.png

3. What is the connection between Incremental refresh and schedule refresh, does incremental refreshed data affect to schedule refresh ?

Thank you

@Dilantha 

Question 1: Ans: Yes

Question 2: Ans: If you are directly specifying the SQL statement in the advanced option, query folding will not work. Try to remove that and check the incremental refresh settings again. 

Question 3: Ans: Please refer to this documentation. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-incremental-refresh

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Sorry for the late response, Thank you for the answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors