cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dilantha
Post Patron
Post Patron

Do I need setup personal gateway needed if company already setup gateway ?

Hi,
I have problem with gateway setup. My company already setup standered gateway for the database .
But Im the person who developed power bi dashboard.
Do I still need to create personal gateway to setup schedule refresh and testing?
What steps  do I need follow ?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Dilantha 

Question 1: Ans: Yes

Question 2: Ans: If you are directly specifying the SQL statement in the advanced option, query folding will not work. Try to remove that and check the incremental refresh settings again. 

Question 3: Ans: Please refer to this documentation. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-incremental-refresh

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos 👍

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nandukrishnavs
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Dilantha You don't need to set-up the personal gateway. You can reuse the existing on-premise data gateway. If you don't have gateway admin access, you have to contact your gateway admin to add a new data source to the gateway. 

On-premises data gateway allows multiple users to connect to multiple on-premises data sources. You can use an on-premises data gateway with all supported services, with a single gateway installation. This gateway is well-suited to complex scenarios with multiple people accessing multiple data sources.
Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

thank you for the response, 
I have another few questions to ask,

1. If I have 2 separate excel files admin should give permission through gateway, right?
2. I have imported data from mysql views and added incremental refresh , But Im seeing below message,
how to resolve that ? 

Dilantha_0-1609137794164.png

3. What is the connection between Incremental refresh and schedule refresh, does incremental refreshed data affect to schedule refresh ?

Thank you

@Dilantha 

Question 1: Ans: Yes

Question 2: Ans: If you are directly specifying the SQL statement in the advanced option, query folding will not work. Try to remove that and check the incremental refresh settings again. 

Question 3: Ans: Please refer to this documentation. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-incremental-refresh

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

View solution in original post

Sorry for the late response, Thank you for the answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power BI October Update 2021.jpg

Power BI Release

Click here to read more about the October 2021 Release!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Teds Dev Camp Oct. 2021 768x460.jpg

Power BI Dev Camp - October 28th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!