Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Distribute e-mail reports with recipient-specific slicers

Hi everyone,

I'd like to send out monthly pptx reports to different recipients with different slicers applied. Trigger would be manual for now.

Some of the prerequisities are that:

- Different pages for different recipients

- Recipient specific slicers

For example:
Person 1, 2 and 3 will get Pages 4, 5 and 6 with Month Slicer = January and Location Slicer = Chicago
Person 4, 5 and 6 will get Pages 1, 2 and 3 with Month Slicer = February and Location Slicer = New York

I've been trying to get this to work via Flow but couldn't make it happen.
My idea is either to get 1 job (flow) to do it, or create multiple ones and then create 1 that will be used only as a trigger to start all jobs.

Appreciate any help! Thanks much!

5 REPLIES 5
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Yes, you can  using Flow to export a Power BI report ,such as  PDF, and attaches it to an email to be sent on a monthly basis.

You can also  indicate specific pages to export in the Pages pageName -1 field or indicate a specific bookmark to display in the Pages Bookmark Name field.

Please  refer to this related documents for more details.

Export and email a Power BI report with Power Automate 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried this but there're too many variables. I have 23 locations which receive 5 pages and separate 3 locations which receive other 5 pages.

If I'm not mistaken, I'd have to create a bookmark for each location and each page. Maintaining that with change requests would be crazy.
Any other suggestion? I was looking into paginated reports, are those available in Flow with multiple report-level filters to be applied?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Yes, this works via Flow. Use either bookmarks or report level filters.

NOTE: currently only a single report level filter is supported in the export report action.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bendlin, thanks for your feedback. Please refer to message above.

Hi, @Anonymous 

I'm afraid not.If you still have no idea about your problem, you can open a support ticket with MSFT to seek technical support , usually they will have better suggestions.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors