Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Displaying percentages instead of totals?

Hi everyone,

I have a seemingly simple question that appears to be hard to answer. I got survey data. Nominal and ordinal data. I want to make bar charts to visualize how people responded to survey questions. How do I make PowerBI show percentages and not totals?  And what version of PowerBI do I need for hat?

And, as follow-up to my question above, I will need those percentages to be dynamic because I will work with filters to display responses from different subsets of respondents. 

I find it so weird that PowerBI apparently lacks a simple button for such a basic task. 

Thank you in advance, I am a total PowerBI noobie!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MCornish
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Where you have the totals right click it and go to show value as, then percent of grant total.

Capture.PNG

This has been in for a while so you will def have this option

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MCornish
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Where you have the totals right click it and go to show value as, then percent of grant total.

Capture.PNG

This has been in for a while so you will def have this option

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thank you. This is a desktop feature though, isn't it? I can't find that option in the browser version for the life of me. 

Ha, your right, I never noticed that.

Then my suggestion would be to use desktop to design and then publish. I never design in the Service for reasons just like this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, thank you! I was searching and seaching, no wonder I didn't find it. Thanks four help, appreciated. 

No problem. Remember to mark either reply as the answer 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors