Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BP2022
Frequent Visitor

Displaying full Months Name on the X-axis in line-Clustered Column chart

Hi,

I have a case when X-axis Type is Continuous it will show month Jan-Jul; However; I want to all month to be displayed. 

BP2022_1-1656484123862.png

If I select select Categorical Type it will show weekly.

BP2022_0-1656484097816.png

I need to show all months in parallel with displaying weekly in the graph.

BP2022_2-1656484318470.png

Data:

BP2022_3-1656484426196.png

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Use a date dimension table and create a hierarchy, but weeks don't work well within months because some weeks overlap two months.

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/build-reusable-calendar-table-power-query/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-inline-hierarchy-labels?tabs=powerb...

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals
tctrout
Resolver III
Resolver III

@BP2022 

Ive often solved the this behavior by simply re sizing the visual.  Ive seen it at times making the visual larger will make all the months display as desired.  When there is limited space PBI seems to 'skip display months' .  This often rsults in me needing to change the BI Narrative as I didnt have room to make it bigger.  I solved that by moving the visual to its own page with a drill thru / bookmark to navigate to it. 

Alternative, I have also used the Categorical Type but had to alter the visual.  To get the month name to show I used a date dimension for the Month Name only (no hierarchy).  This should achieve you desired layout with no 'skip months'.  Then to get the weekly details I created a duplicate chart but used week instead of month.  I then layer these visuals ontop of each other with a button bookmark to allow the users to toggle between monthly or weekly view.

Hope it helps, mark it as a solution if it does.

Thank you for your respone.

The first solution you share it will not work becasue I have to minmize the graph. The second solution, we have user using the graph by filting and exporting data this solution will not help.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors