Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Andsan

Displaying Power BI on a big screen at a customer with Power BI Pro

I work for a company that wants to display Power BI-reports at our customers’ own offices via TV screens. The customers’ employees and their guests can watch the reports when they pass by. The screen will be fully managed by the company I work for.

Technically, we can use a Power BI pro account to display the data. But are there any license issues with this solution?

(We cannot use “Publish to web”, due to the fact that the data must not be revealed outside the offices of our customers)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Andsan

Do they use their own accounts to display the reports?If so,you need first to make sure that they have been granted viewers identity in new workspace or read permission in classic workspace , you also should make sure that they all have the pro license,thus they can view and interact in the reports with their own accounts.

But if they use your account,then everything is fine,nothing needs to be paid more attention to...

Here is the reference.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Andsan

Do they use their own accounts to display the reports?If so,you need first to make sure that they have been granted viewers identity in new workspace or read permission in classic workspace , you also should make sure that they all have the pro license,thus they can view and interact in the reports with their own accounts.

But if they use your account,then everything is fine,nothing needs to be paid more attention to...

Here is the reference.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors