Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sieed
Helper II
Helper II

Displaying Power BI Web Reports As SlideShow

I am trying to display the variaous visualizations in my report as a  slideshow. I am planning to use Chrome's Auto Tab to rotate each tab in a specified interval. So, I will put each visual in it's own tab. 

My question is, if power bi refreshes the data while chrome auto tab is running, do the graphs get updated or do I need another plugin to refresh the tabs? Has anyone tried this ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@sieed

Currently, it's not supported to display report pages as SlideShow in browser. But you can export the report into PowerPoint for SlideShow purpose. For more details, please see: Export Power BI report to PowerPoint (Preview)

Regards,

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61

Found a temp fix by using another extension that refreshes every x minutes.

@benjaminhoang

Hey, I'm back, sorry to be away. Working to fix this. My application will probably update on the page.

@_picoloto43 thanks for this amazing extension! working flawlessly 🙂

Currently i'm using it and the auto refresh extension with the ?chromeless=true at the end of the URL. No problems so far!

It'd be a good idea to add the refresh function though (if that is possible), so only one extension would be needed.

Again, awesome job!

Unfortunatley still not working

@_picoloto43 thank you very much. 

@samymsrd

I working in this feature, when it's ready, I will send a message to you, ok?

Hi @_picoloto43

I needed to refresh the page to show the changes to my reports example: if my Viusalization changes then it wont be refreshed. The slide show still would show old data.

I found out the solution to the refresh exiting from the screen, I had to add ?chromeless=1 to the URL and the combination of your add-on and the auto-refresh help in slideshow and refreshing the slide with the latest data.

Providing detailed steps to anyone who would like to implement the TV Dashboard / Web Reports As Slideshow, with Refresh functionality.

- Google Chrome Browser

-Add-ons:

(1) Auto-Refresh

(2) @_picoloto43 Github solution for slideshow

-Login into PBI App Service in browser

-Select the report

-Hide all the toolbars/status bar of Google Chrome browser

-Select Full-Screen Mode

-In your report URL add "chromeless=1"

-Start @_picoloto43 Slideshow addin

-Start Auto-refresh addin

-Click the PowerBI Report FullScreen icon

-You should be rolling!!!

Thanks!

@sss0379

That's great! Thank you!

I will work to improve this!

can we change the interval time to be flexibale or if you can update with 30sec,

can we change the interval time to be flexible managed or if you can update with 30sec.

_picoloto43
Advocate II
Advocate II

I created an extension in Chrome to make this. It's very simple usage.

https://github.com/PicolotoLF/SlideShowPowerBI

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! its really useful

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will it work for smart TV using Chrome linked to a power BI pro account? OR a chromecast casting a chrome browser to a tv? 

@Anonymous Yes as long as you have Chrome browser that connects to PowerBI Pro account on any device it would work.

andrewporter
Advocate I
Advocate I

This would be a great feature...

We have currently implemented a dasiy chain of the following, which we have to close / re-log in because the login session expires every few days / weeks.

Host Report in Power BI

Create PowerPoint deck

Embed Power BI Report in PowerPoint deck

Put PowerPoint deck on OneDrive

Download / Open PowerPoint deck on TV computer

NOTE: that PowerPoint Online doesn't work / buggy with Power BI embedded slides, it always shows the first slide

It sure would be great to just open Power BI on the TV Dashboard machine in Chrome, hit Full Screen then hit Rotate slides!

sieed
Helper II
Helper II

Anyone?

@sieed

Currently, it's not supported to display report pages as SlideShow in browser. But you can export the report into PowerPoint for SlideShow purpose. For more details, please see: Export Power BI report to PowerPoint (Preview)

Regards,

I know about this feature but I need slide to connected way that auto refresh when data refreshed or changed in connected datasource, If there is another way for that please help me. Thanks in Advance

I know about this feature but I need to slide in connected way that auto refresh when data changed. If any other for that please help me, Thanks in Advance.

I am aware of this solution and it's drawbacks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors