Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nafeeza920
Advocate I
Advocate I

Displaying Live Dashboard on Large Screen/TV

Hi All,

My boss and I are attempting to display a live production dashboard up on a large screen/TV. We noticed that although the data is refreshing every 25-30 minutes, the numbers itself remains the same unless you go back and reload the page. Has anyone else come across this issue or have had any success on displaying a live dashboard up on a large/TV?

Thanks,

Nafeeza

9 REPLIES 9
davidSIT
Frequent Visitor

I believe the issue here is when using datasets which aren't DirectQuery.

I've had a customer ask about this today - unfortunately our software uses ODBC, which isn't a DirectQuery data source so it won't show changes without a web page refresh I believe.

I'd like to suggest a periodic page refresh for dashboards using direct query as this puts this scenario in an awkward position, I'd like to be able to tell people yes that's absolutely possible but it seems i'll have to find some way to auto refresh a web page or something akin.

any update?

Is auo refresh on a large TV for presentation purposes still unavailable?

Out team is developing a BI tool for big screen with dynamic data effect.

It's going to be released.

www.datahoom.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is there any update on this in the meantime?

Thank you,

Patrícia 

Our team is developing a online tool for build big screen BI scenario with dynamic data effects.

It's going to be released.

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nafeeza920,

For the streaming dataset, it will refresh dashboard automatically if the source data change. I have tested it on my local environment, if we use a directly query, the dashbarod won'r refresh automatically although the data changed in your data source. As you said, we need to reload this page then the new data will show on your dashboard.

If you have any concern on this feature, you can submit your idea on the link below. If this feature was mentioned by mulitple users, product team will consider to add this feature to next release.https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,
Charlie Liao

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

We have Power BI setup on multiple big screen wall TV's and they update as expected.  This includes live tiles populated by streaming datasets.

What browser are you using?

Do the dashboards update on your own PC?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

How you do that? displaying a dashboard? how can we adapt dashboard width for a lcd?

The same issue for me,we are using apple tv connected to samsung tvs in which I am using browser chrome for the power bi,in my latop data is refreshing daily automatically but on the screens it is not updating,everyday i need to refresh the browser.

Did your issue solved ?if it is what is the solution?

Do i need to switch on/off the tvs daily?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors