Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display line in line chart instead of zero

Hi - I have a Sprint name slicer and a line graph. When I select a Particular sprint name in the slicer,  the line graph changes from a line to a dot and displays particular sprint data.

The line graph consists of axis-=sprint name, values=planed pbis, completed issues,  secondary values= done to plan %.
I want the line to display the particular sprint name I select in the slicer. so here it is displaying a dot instead of line
If no sprint name is selected in the slicer, it is showing for all sprint names in a line chart. I want to display a line for the particular sprint name I select in slicer.  

So here I am attaching the pics when I am not selecting any sprint name in the slicer it is showing a line for all sprint names when I am selecting a name it is showing a dot. so I need to display a line for the name I select in the slicer.

Capture3.JPGCapture2.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @Anonymous 

As a workaround, you may consider adding three auxiliary lines to the Analytics pane of  line chart .

something like:

M_Completed = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[SPRINT_NAME]),AVERAGE('Table'[Completed]),BLANK()) 
// AVERAGE('Table'[Doen to Plan])can be replaced by any measure your need
M_Donetoplan = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[SPRINT_NAME]), AVERAGE('Table'[Doen to Plan]) ,BLANK())
M_Planned PBIS = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[SPRINT_NAME]),AVERAGE('Table'[PLANNED PBIS]),BLANK())

The result will show as below:

50.png

49.png

Please check my sample file for more details.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-easonf-msft 

This issue has been resolved by your solution. Thank you for your valuable time and support.  It means a lot having such great support! Hoping for this support when again needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @Anonymous 

As a workaround, you may consider adding three auxiliary lines to the Analytics pane of  line chart .

something like:

M_Completed = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[SPRINT_NAME]),AVERAGE('Table'[Completed]),BLANK()) 
// AVERAGE('Table'[Doen to Plan])can be replaced by any measure your need
M_Donetoplan = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[SPRINT_NAME]), AVERAGE('Table'[Doen to Plan]) ,BLANK())
M_Planned PBIS = IF(HASONEVALUE('Table'[SPRINT_NAME]),AVERAGE('Table'[PLANNED PBIS]),BLANK())

The result will show as below:

50.png

49.png

Please check my sample file for more details.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-easonf-msft 

This issue has been resolved by your solution. Thank you for your valuable time and support.  It means a lot having such great support! Hoping for this support when again needed.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please consider using a different visual type for this data.  A line chart should only be used for temporal continuity data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors