Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dorothee123
Regular Visitor

Display different field in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Online

Hi there,

I have been publishing a report from Power BI Desktop to Online and have troubles with a number field. The original field in the Desktop version displays a number with the value 41,49 EUR. When I upload the report to Power BI Online the number switches the comma and displays the value of 4.148,50 EUR. This however does not happen right away, but after some time. See pictures attached. Does anyone know where the problem potentially is?

Thanks,
Dorothee

Dorothee123_0-1594371232167.png

Dorothee123_1-1594371250265.png

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dorothee123 ,

Is this problem sloved?
If not, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dorothee123 ,

The issue is probably due to an interaction with the users locale and the server locale of the PBI-Service Server.

Try using custom strings to see if you can solve this problem:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-custom-format-strings 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dorothee123 ,

I have seen this when the browser/PC has settings on how to format numbers that is different than the report.  This is based on the computer though.  Is this happening in all browsers?  Is this happening for all users?

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors