Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display a report on a Company Portal (Embedded Power BI Report or Web Published report)

Hi community,

I'm new to Power BI, and had made some progress, but now I'm stuck on a request. 

Background: We have an app (on a web site) that displays information from a DB for Assets, in order to improve functionality I was requested to create a network diagram and Power BI, I've successfully created a force directed diagram on Power BI that displays the parent node (source) and all the childs (target) associated with this parent. On this report I have the Filter tab that allows me to navigate on the data to display the information on the view report.

The need: We want to have this report on our tool portal so this way, user will login, select a device, look at all information of it and check the view report where he will find the representation of the device and its relations with other devices.

What I've done: I published this report on the web, but it doesn't allow me to change the view the specific device, in other terms, it doesn't display the "Filter" tab. I read that to give this function I can use the slicer visualization, but this is not good for the view, due expose unnecesary data from all sources. It will be better to have the same Filter tab and pass along the name of the device as source so it can display only this information, and also display other filters such as the power bi service or desktop. But couldn't find any information or document that points on that direction.

Sumarizing: I want to embed the view for power bi report i've created including the filters as if I'd be looking to the service view on a company portal. Is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-rzhou-msft 

I tried the slicer approach but since table has more than 1m to be "filtered" using the slicer which from the visualization perspecive it's not a good approach, because user would need to look for the record he needs.

I'm in the process to check if someone has the pro license to use that approach, mainly because it would be a waste to have this license for me, at the moment. If we don't make progress in the next week. All mark your solution as accepted. Many thanks!

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me what kind way you use to embed your report?(Website or Portal / Publish to Web)

I found an issue like yours, and I hope it could help you.

Filter not visible in PowerBI embedded Dashboard

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-rzhou-msft 

I'm using the Web publishing option (since it was the only one I could find over my research) I read the other post and it looks like it's possible to embed the whole report as it's seen on the Power BI console/service. Is this correct?

Hi @Anonymous 

You may be a free license user, and you can use Publish to web(public).

If you have pro license you can use other two kind of embed function: website or potarl (has fliter feature) OR Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online 

You want to embed report on a Company portal, publish to web is a good way(if you want to show report to customers who are not power bi users), other two ways need viewer has pro license or you have premium license.

Your demand (show filter feature when embed to public web) is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.

You can vote up this idea: Add filter feature in publish to web for this function to improve the Power BI.

You could try to use slicer to substitute filter feature.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors