Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PrestaPower
Frequent Visitor

Display Map on the power bi app dashboard

Hey, I need some help. I am currently making a dashboard to display on a tv. 

In this dashboard i'm using a map visual ( the classic one from power bi), but whenever i resize my dashboard to full screen, and fit to screen, all the dots of the map are not showed. 

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PrestaPower,

Which Map visual did you use? Did this problem that all the dots of the map disappear occur on Power BI service or on TV? 

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What happens if you use the default map settings?

Or what if you changed it to use the ESRI map?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hey @GilbertQ,

when i use the default color setting, i don't have any issue. 

I will try to use the esri map and see if it works. 

@v-yulgu-msft, i used the map visual available on the desktop. It's an issue when i full screen the dashboard on the power bi app.

Hi @PrestaPower,

I was not able to reproduce this problem on my side. I have tested with Chrome and Edge browser, with both, the map visual shows all locations correctly in focus mode. 

Please re-publish your report to service for a test. You can upload the .pbix file directly from service via "Get Data". Change a different web browser for a test. If possible, please share your sample .pbix file so that I can test on my side.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft, it is not related to focus mode, but full screen mode option when you are on the dashboard. I use that to display on a tv. 

Unfortunatly i can't share the data, since it's company data. 

Hi @PrestaPower,

I tested in full screen, still didn't encounter the same problem. I would suggest you create a support ticket for further analysis.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Hi there

To confirm if you use the defaults it does work?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors