Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krunalbpatel
Helper III
Helper III

Display Each drill down level on report (Like - Breadcrumb)

Hi,

I want to display Hierarchy of each drill down level on a report. I want to display top drill down as a breadcrumbs in any site.

Suppose I have 3 different drill down level in a report

Top level display count by Parent Type

Second Level display count by Child type of Parent type

And Third level I want to display all the name that is fall in child type.

So on the top Level I want to display Parent Type(name),

on second Level I want to display Parent Type(name) -> Child Type Name

on third Level I want to display Parent Type(name) -> Child Type Name -> Name

Is it possible to display like this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Krunalbpatel,

We need to manually select different drill down levels in Hierarchy Slicer. And currently, it is not possible to display drill down level on the header, please vote this issue in the above idea.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MartinGeschke
Regular Visitor

Guys check out this. Works for me. Create it as measure and put it in a simple card visual...

Customer BreadCrump Navigation =

IF(ISFILTERED(CubeData[Customer Name]);LOOKUPVALUE(CubeData[Customer Name];CubeData[DIM_Customer_ID];max(CubeData[DIM_Customer_ID]))&" \ ";"No Filter \ ")
&
IF(ISFILTERED('Item'[Item_Brand_DE]);LOOKUPVALUE('Item'[Item_Brand_DE];'Item'[Item_Brand_ID];max('Item'[Item_Brand_ID]))&" \ ";"No Filter \ ")
&
IF(ISFILTERED('Item'[Item_CategoryName_DE]);LOOKUPVALUE('Item'[Item_CategoryName_DE];'Item'[Item_CategoryID];max('Item'[Item_CategoryID]));"No Filter")
deepakb18
Helper I
Helper I

@Krunalbpatel

I had a similar requirement I achived in different way

1. Create a Heirarchy and Add all three columns in it (Parent Level, Child Level, Name

2. Rename Child Level to Parent Level > Child Level

3. Rename Name to Parent Level > Child Level > Name

4. Now select a visual and go to format section and enable X Axis and Keep Show Titles ON and Style should be "Show Title Only.

Now if you will drilldown, on X axis it will show the level you are in.

Let me know if it resolve your issue

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Krunalbpatel,

How about using Hierarchy Slicer?  In HierarchySlicer, different drill down levels are shown as a tree, does it meet your requirement?
1.PNG

However, if you want to display dill down level in the header of a report, it is not possible currently. Regarding to this issue, you can vote it in this idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/8546101-display-drill-down-level .

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I don't this way. I want to display drill down level on the header, but Is it Possible to Automaically selected on Hierarchy Slicer? That option is available or not?

Thanks and Regards,

Krunal Patel

Hi @Krunalbpatel,

We need to manually select different drill down levels in Hierarchy Slicer. And currently, it is not possible to display drill down level on the header, please vote this issue in the above idea.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors