Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TorbenKirkWolf
Advocate I
Advocate I

Disabling "Send an email notification to recipients" doesn't work

Hi all,

In my organisation we have a Power BI Premium Embed license. We use this for sharing reports to clients outside our organisation, typically simply embedded in a full-screen iframe. We always take good care to just send the link to the embedded report, and typically add "&navContentPaneEnabled=false" to the URL to make a more sleek experience for the user.

So, first we share the report in the service, and then we send a separate e-mail with a link to the embedded report. This ensures that we are in full control of our communication with the client.

However, lately it seems that the "Send an email notification to recipients" check box in the Service doesn't work as intended. When we uncheck it, the client still receives an e-mail stating "Torben Kirk Wolf shared this Power BI Report with you" and a link to the Service. This is quite a headache for us, as our clients get confused by this e-mail, and they should definitely NOT use the link in that e-mail, as it is not our embed link.

Does anyone experience something similar? And is there any way we can ensure that our clients stop getting this quite annoying e-mail? Or is it simply a bug?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TorbenKirkWolf ,

Sorry for late reply. I just received the latest idea. Please refer to following suggestion if it can help you.

v-yuaj-msft_0-1615258729739.png

v-yuaj-msft_1-1615258751588.png

service-admin-azure-ad-b2b 

If it doesn't work, I suggest you can file a support ticket here.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TorbenKirkWolf ,

Unfortunately, I got the same issue with you. That's so weird. Sorry for the trouble bringing to you. I have applied to the relevant technical department to fix this bug. Hope this problem will be resolved soon.

Best Regards,

Yuna

Hi @v-yuaj-msft,

Any news about this? It's still happening and it is confusing my clients a lot, and creating an unnecessary amount of friction.

/Torben

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors