Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IanCockcroft
Post Patron
Post Patron

Disabling gateway refresh

Hi   guys, I have an issue.

Our data source moved servers and the gateway throws an error. We can only get it fixed after End-of-Year freeze in July.

I can refresh data in dev desktop and publish it until we can fix the gate.

The only problem is, when    opening the report in the web service,   it tries  to refresh automatically.  Breaking  some visuals.

Is it possible to disabe auto refresh or the gateway until we can get it fixed?

If  so, how?

thanks a mil   guys

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"The only problem is, when    opening the report in the web service,   it tries  to refresh automatically.  Breaking  some visuals."

I don't think that is correct. An unsuccessful dataset refresh does not blit the data over.

The way the service works is :

- a dataset refresh request does not work on the dataset itself but on a shadow copy. 

- only if the refresh is successful it will swap the new dataset in and the old out (blitting)

So your failed gateway based refreshes are unfortunate for the service performance (wasting resources) but they have no impact on the existing dataset.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IanCockcroft ,

Enter the workspace where the dataset is located and click settings.

test_Disabling gateway refresh.PNG

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi guys, thanks for you help.

I was able to dig deeper, and its a measure thats not working.

trying to figure out why.

thanks again for taking the time.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"The only problem is, when    opening the report in the web service,   it tries  to refresh automatically.  Breaking  some visuals."

I don't think that is correct. An unsuccessful dataset refresh does not blit the data over.

The way the service works is :

- a dataset refresh request does not work on the dataset itself but on a shadow copy. 

- only if the refresh is successful it will swap the new dataset in and the old out (blitting)

So your failed gateway based refreshes are unfortunate for the service performance (wasting resources) but they have no impact on the existing dataset.

Thanks Ibendlin, we just assumed it was the gateway because we gettin an error.

The crux of the proble is that certain visuals are not working and thats actuall what we are tryng to solve.

It must/might be for a totally different reason.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors