Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MartinB_Nbg
Regular Visitor

Disable third-party apps in Power BI app store

Hi,

Is there a way to disable third-party apps in the Power BI app list, so that only apps from my organization appear? E.g. in the tenant administration?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

yes, go to the power bi tenant configurations, un "aplication template configuration" section, this will allow to disable the option for the whole tenant and spicify who can do it or if no one will. 

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1633168890278.png

of this helped mark as solution for others to find it, and give some kudos 🙂 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @MartinB_Nbg 

This is exactly what the Organizational apps tab does.

I expected the external apps to not even appear in the app store so that users don't get confused with our organizational apps and public apps

vangzhengmsft_1-1633399421905.png

If you don't want users to install apps by mistake, then disable this option"Install template apps listed on AppSource".
If you're still worried about users getting confused, then install apps automatically for users so they don't even need to visit the app store.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

not thats not a option on the tenant settings, dont remember to have seen a powershell commnad for that, ummmm that could be look into. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

also you can submit a idea to this be added as a option

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

yes, go to the power bi tenant configurations, un "aplication template configuration" section, this will allow to disable the option for the whole tenant and spicify who can do it or if no one will. 

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1633168890278.png

of this helped mark as solution for others to find it, and give some kudos 🙂 

Hi @StefanoGrimaldi ,
Thank you for taking your time! I verified the solution. It actually works, although not the way I was looking for. I expected the external apps to not even appear in the app store so that users don't get confused with our organizational apps and public apps. But what it actually does is that I still see all public apps, can pick them and only just before installing them they are blocked by this setting.
Is there an additional setting to achieve that? If necessary maybe through a PowerShell commandlet?
BR
Martin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors