Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JNevill

Disable scheduling refreshes

I'm onboarding users into our PowerBI services where we have Dedicated Capacity and on-premise gateway allowing users of the service to refresh to on-premise sources. 

Is there a way to disable the ability for the organization to schedule refreshes entirely (and only enable certain security groups to schedule). I want a bunch of people to be able to use the gateway for manual refreshing, but I want to reserve the ability to schedule these refreshes to a smaller subset. Without this ability I fear that our database is going to be hammered every morning while not-so-great and mostly unused datasets and dataflows are refreshing. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @JNevill 

Sorry, this feature is temporarily unavailable.

Under the ordinary pro account, as long as the data source and gateway are successfully configured, it can configure the scheduled refresh. Even if you allocate dedicated capacity to its workspace, you cannot limit its own scheduled refresh.

Maybe you can  consider adjusting  workloads  to optimize.

13.png

It is suggest you create a support ticket for better advice. Once you create a support ticket, please share the same here for reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

edhans
Super User
Super User

Once you give them enough permissions to grab and use a gateway, they can schedule. As an FYI though, if 50 reports are queued to run at 8:00am, they will not all hit your database at once. They seem to be queued in the gateway and run fairly sequentially. I have non-dedicated capacity, but when I look at when reports actually run, it is between the time I set and up to 10-15min later depending on how many others in the org are scheduled at the same time.

And the load on our SQL server is negligible, but we aren't pulling TB's of data either.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors