Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sjonne99
Frequent Visitor

Disable publishing apps from an app workspace

Hi experts

Im currently testing the possibilites in Power BI workspace as i am new to it.
And in that regard i would like to know if i as a Pro User are able to Create an App workspace where the abilty to publish apps are disabled, but you can share reports and dashboards?
I would also like to know if an App workspace can be created where the ability to share reports/dashboard and publish app are disabled for the members of the app workspace while members can still refresh, upload and download reports  ?

An one last thing, is it possible for an administrator or a member to see who have uploaded or last refreshed a report or dataset in an App workspace?

Thanks and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sjonne99,

Based on my test, a pro user can create new app workspace if the ability to publish apps is disabled, and you can share reports and dashboards as well.

Also an app work space could be created all the same in the situation of your second question, and these members can still refresh, upload and download reports.

For the last question, is it not possible for an administrator or a member to see who have uploaded or last refreshed a report or dataset in an App workspace. You can just see refresh time information of the datasets.

12.png

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sjonne99,

Based on my test, a pro user can create new app workspace if the ability to publish apps is disabled, and you can share reports and dashboards as well.

Also an app work space could be created all the same in the situation of your second question, and these members can still refresh, upload and download reports.

For the last question, is it not possible for an administrator or a member to see who have uploaded or last refreshed a report or dataset in an App workspace. You can just see refresh time information of the datasets.

12.png

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank

Thx a lot that was very helpful

Regards
Soeren

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors