Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

Disable/hide visual border on hover

Is there a way to disable/hide the visual borders which show up when you hover over a visual?

See screenshot below:

VisualBorder.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vanessa,

Based on my research, there is no OOTB feature for us to hide visual borders when hovering on it. You can vote this same idea item: Disable/hide visual border on hover.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for doing this research! We like to bring our dashboards to client meetings and having the bounding box around each visual breaks focus easily and significantly adds to the noise of the presentation getting in the way of the insights of what is being presented. I recommend the developers provide a read-only view mode to allow this to turn off. If looking to improve legibility, having a full screen mode and ability to change the user interface background color would be amazing. We like to have a base of either all black or all white to enhance the data visualizations so in both cases the light grey UI of Power BI Desktop competes for attention. I have some other notes on the user experience while editing but will hold those comments if there is interest. 

Thanks, 

-Tim 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not any way that I know of. You can sort of do it if you were to place a 100% transparent rectangle over both of those visuals and go to View and bring the rectangle to the front, then there would be no way for the user to hover over the "Dashboard" and have it be "selectable" essentially because the rectangle is in front of it. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks  @Greg_Deckler

But this was just an example. But this wont work for those visuals which are interactive/clickable.

These borders make the UI look pretty bad.

If you use Publish to Web, you do not get those borders because you can't pin anything. You might try giving someone Read-only access to the dashboard/report and see if you get those borders. If they cannot pin, they may not get them.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler

I tried that as well. But the borders are still visible with the pin icon being disabled in this case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors