Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disable filter pane (or at least ensure it's collapsed by default)

I've successfully embedded a report but every time I navigate to another page in the report, I'm finding that the filter pane is visible and expanded by default (the report is loaded with filterPaneEnabled: false)

I've tried setting ensuring the pane is collapsed in desktop, set the hid for viewers button on the panes in the reports.

What's most frustrating is there are no filters available!

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@collinqthese options didn't help I'm afraid, but thank you for taking the time to respond.

I have worked out what causes it finally. The navigation was using the bookmark action, I changed this to Page Navigation and the filter panel no longer appears.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my embed configuration:

var embedConfiguration = {
                type: 'report'
                , id: data.reportId 
                , embedUrl: data.embedUrl
                , tokenType: models.TokenType.Embed
                , accessToken: data.accessToken
                , settings: {
                    layoutType: width >= 1312 ? models.LayoutType.Master : models.LayoutType.MobilePortrait
                    , panes: {
                        filters: {
                            visible: false
                        },
                        pageNavigation: {
                            visible: false
                        }
                    }    
                }
            };

I've also added the tag powerbi-settings-filter-pane-enabled="false" to the div(s) where reports will appear.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I wonder if you go to Desktop, go to Options and change the Filter options on the Report Settings if that will help - as shown here....turn the first one on and the other two off.  

Filters.png

Also - If you uncheck the "Modern Visual Header" that might affect it, but I am not sure.

Let us know if that worked or not!

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@collinqthese options didn't help I'm afraid, but thank you for taking the time to respond.

I have worked out what causes it finally. The navigation was using the bookmark action, I changed this to Page Navigation and the filter panel no longer appears.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Glad to hear that,so your issue is solved,right?If so,could you pls mark the reply as answered to close it?

Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have now!

I assume you are a Microsoft Employee from your handle; I think this is a bug in the embed code and I have raised a support request (Case 120060924008780) for this, but are you also able to raise this as an issue?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors