Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disable Exporting Data in Excel

Hi Everyone

First of all i wish you a happy new year for 2021 !!

My questions here is very simple but i can't find any solutions ...

Would it be possible to disable the function in a application to extract data in Excel ?

I have a application with some important information and we don't want this to be easily exported in Excel

can we do some kind of Security or simplify disable the option ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, sure you can. If you check the report configuration you will find an option about "exporting data". You can disable that. The report configuration can be found in service like this:

https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/611048296911339520/powerbi-configuración-de-informe

You can also get in the original pbix file of the report, open Power BI Desktop and change it there under File -> Options.

It might be better if the reports are still in progress and not in production that you change it in the desktop file. I'm not sure if you change it on service and then publish if it will replace the settings.

Hope that helps!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, sure you can. If you check the report configuration you will find an option about "exporting data". You can disable that. The report configuration can be found in service like this:

https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/611048296911339520/powerbi-configuración-de-informe

You can also get in the original pbix file of the report, open Power BI Desktop and change it there under File -> Options.

It might be better if the reports are still in progress and not in production that you change it in the desktop file. I'm not sure if you change it on service and then publish if it will replace the settings.

Hope that helps!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much it worked 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors