Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ldm40
Frequent Visitor

Disable Export Data function - Do I need a Premium Account?

Hi there, I'm looking to share a dashboard with approx 10 people, and need to disable the export data feature (both underlying data and for most of the visuals).

Looking into this it says this can be done in the Admin Portal - but it appears that requires a Premium account to access? (I'm currently on a Pro Trial). Is this correct?

Pricing for premium account looks like minimum $5k per month!?

I don't need any capacity, although it would mean that the other users could use free accounts instead of Pro (however that's $100 per month vs $5000).

Can someone please what type of account set up would be best for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ldm40,

>>Can someone please what type of account set up would be best for this?

For your requirement, you need Global Admin permission to access admin portal to control export and sharing settings. I don't think premium license is required.

How to get to the admin portal

Your account needs to be marked as a Global Admin, within Office 365 or Azure Active Directory, or have been assigned the Power BI service administrator role, to get access to the Power BI admin portal. For more information about the Power BI service administrator role, see Understanding the Power BI admin role. To get to the Power BI admin portal, do the following.

Please refer to below document to know more about power bi admin portal settings.

Power BI admin portal

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ldm40,

>>Can someone please what type of account set up would be best for this?

For your requirement, you need Global Admin permission to access admin portal to control export and sharing settings. I don't think premium license is required.

How to get to the admin portal

Your account needs to be marked as a Global Admin, within Office 365 or Azure Active Directory, or have been assigned the Power BI service administrator role, to get access to the Power BI admin portal. For more information about the Power BI service administrator role, see Understanding the Power BI admin role. To get to the Power BI admin portal, do the following.

Please refer to below document to know more about power bi admin portal settings.

Power BI admin portal

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I now have access.

Is there a way to disable the export data for certain visuals? It looks like the only way to disable this feature is to disable users from having this option at all (either the entire organisation or specific security groups).

HI @ldm40,

As you said, it will affect entire organisation.

AFAK, current power bi not support to accurate control which type of visual can't export data.I'd like to suggest you submit an idea.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors