Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

willz06jw
Helper II
Helper II

DirectQuery reports not completely refreshing on PBI Service

Thanks for reading,

I have a Power BI Report, using DirectQuery, that is hosted on the PBI Service.  When I refresh the page (as in refreshing the web page through the browser (F5)) the report refreshes the aggregated totals. 

When I use the slicers, the aggregated totals don't refresh after I remove the slicers I applied.

For example:

--When I go to the page first, it shows updated numbers

--When I apply a slicer, it requeries the slicer selection

--When I then remove the slicer, and go back to the original non-sliced page, the numbers are the original even if it has been hours since I looked at the first page.

Can I have the report refresh at an interval without a browser extension or the like?  Just having the total refresh after I remove the slicers would be perfect.

Thank you,

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I wound up inserting a button with an Action Type of "Web URL".  Then I placed the App hyperlink as the actual web url triggered.  It opens a new tab, but it does give refreshed data.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @willz06jw 

Please refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data#datasets-in-directqueryliveconnect-mode

and for the Browser cache, you may need to may manually refresh the report:

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How can I do it if it is in full screen mode?  My users have it in a command center on a huge screen

Thanks,

Will

HI, @willz06jw 

Please refer to this similar post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refresh-Report-in-TV-Mode/td-p/92636

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for reading, but in my first post I said I didn't want to install a browser extension.   I had seen that rough workaround before.

I am looking for a method that allows me to push refreshable full screen directquery reports to users without having to get admin rights for user's computers and personally go down there are set up some browser extension refresh hack.  

Thanks for your help,

Will

I wound up inserting a button with an Action Type of "Web URL".  Then I placed the App hyperlink as the actual web url triggered.  It opens a new tab, but it does give refreshed data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors