Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

medihasiljic
Helper I
Helper I

DirectQuery frpm BigQuery, data source authentication failure

Hi,

I use DirectQuery to load data from BigQuery. On desktop it works fine, but when I upload to Power BI service, authentication fails.

I edit credentials, set organizational privacy level setting, sign in, authenticate, Power BI tells me that credentials have been saved & all looks fine. But, when viewing report or going back to settings page for my dataset, it displays this error message:

Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.

What else can I try?

7 REPLIES 7
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @medihasiljic ,

Would you please check the credentials you use? And please try to set the privacy level to none.Does your dataset contain other data sources?

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

@v-deddai1-msft  yes, I reentered credentials several times, tried different settings for privacy level, nothing seems to work.

Yes, I have other data sources: Excel and DataFlow.

It's weird that very rarely I make it work and then it stops again, even if nothing changed, just a few users using the reports.

I see now that there are new posts on this forum by people with the same issue, users that were already using these features in the past. I've just uploaded the report on Friday & it stopped working during weekend.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Direct-Query-with-BigQuery-Authentication-error-on-PowerBI/...

Hi @medihasiljic ,

Did  it work by using edge in your soulution?

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

@v-deddai1-msft Edge, the browser? or you mean something else?

Hi @medihasiljic,

Yes, I am talking about the browser. If this does not work, I suggest you wait for a few days. I have find that someone with the same issue have created  support ticket. Continue to follow this post:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Direct-Query-with-BigQuery-Authentication-error-on-PowerBI/...  you can get a solution to the problem

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

@v-deddai1-msft 

yeah, thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't work in Edge either. I also tried to enter credentials in Edge, but the popup doesn't even work there (see image).

image.png

@v-deddai1-msft We have encountered the same issues, unfortunately no fixes that's working yet

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors