cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dcannon Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

DirectQuery Scheduled Refresh to avoid Delays

Right now I have a dashboard in Power BI Desktop, where all the fields I have are using directQuery to acquire the data they need for the dashboard. This is causing the speed of the dashboard to become slower and slower. I was wondering if there is anyway I can fix this problem, so that the data on the dashboard loads in 5 seconds or less to be user friendly.

I need the data to be live which is why I'm using DirectQuery, but I was wondering if there is a way around this like using dual storage mode, or creating a second dataset that uses import mode from the direct query dataset. I would like to have the dataset be refreshed daily at around 3-4am so when user's run the dashboard during the day, there is no delay in the data loading. Not sure on the best way to go about this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: DirectQuery Scheduled Refresh to avoid Delays

Hi @dcannon 

Please check if below article could help.

https://www.credera.com/blog/technology-solutions/power-bi-directquery-automatically-refresh-less-th...

For 3rd party Links:

Please understand that this link is provided “AS IS” with no warranties or guarantees of content changes, and confers no rights.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dcannon 

Please check if below article could help.

https://www.credera.com/blog/technology-solutions/power-bi-directquery-automatically-refresh-less-th...

For 3rd party Links:

Please understand that this link is provided “AS IS” with no warranties or guarantees of content changes, and confers no rights.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dcannon Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I was also wondering if I create a dataset in power BI service and have it refresh say every hour, then make a dashboard in desktop that gets all its data from that dataset through the "get data from power BI dataset". Will this new dashboard experience any delays, since its only refrencing a dataset thats on a scheduled cache refresh in the service?