Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MCornish
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

DirectQuery Not Refreshing on the Service

I have uploaded a report to the service but it wont refresh the DirectQuery data. 

It is configure to use our on-prem data gateway and says everything is fine, even the refresh history says its been refreshing fine.

If I load it up in Desktop and hit refresh it gets the current data, clicking refresh in the service just gives me the data it was uploaded with.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MCornish
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Solved it!!!

Everything was saying the dataset was DirectQuery, except, the new model view under the advanced section.

Dropped the table and created it again (this time specifying DirectQuery from the start rather converting afterwards) and works

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Best Regards
Maggie

MCornish
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Solved it!!!

Everything was saying the dataset was DirectQuery, except, the new model view under the advanced section.

Dropped the table and created it again (this time specifying DirectQuery from the start rather converting afterwards) and works

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors