Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DirectQuery Initial Queries For Online Report Longer Execution Times

Hi,

I have created a report that pulls from a few different Postgres tables to show various traffic information. It shows information within a previous four-hour and next-four hour window from the current time. There are 10 queries that are executed on six tables. There are no aggregations or calculations for these queries, but this data is updated every couple of minutes (as the time changes).

If I have not opened this report for several hours, it takes about 15 seconds to query all of the data, but every data refresh after that only takes about two seconds if the report is left open.

My question is what is the difference between those two queries? Running the queries on my local SQL client takes about four seconds, so I'm trying to understand what contributes to the longer execute time on that initial query vs. the subsequent queries.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous 

Follow this blog to install the dax studio

then connect the opened pbix file in dax studio

11.PNG

open server timing, run the query

12.PNG

or you can use the Performance Analyzer in the Power BI Desktop, please refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-performance-analyzer

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous 

Follow this blog to install the dax studio

then connect the opened pbix file in dax studio

11.PNG

open server timing, run the query

12.PNG

or you can use the Performance Analyzer in the Power BI Desktop, please refer to this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-performance-analyzer

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors