cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Direct queries with connection parameter not working

I’ve build a report with direct queries and parametrized the connection to switch between diffrent Azure Servers & Database. In Power BI service, when I change connection parameters and update credentials the report data doesn’t change. Am I missing something?

Similarly on Power BI desktoop, If I chnage connection parameters > Apply Changes> I get a popup showing "Do you approve running this native query?"

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Direct queries with connection parameter not working

I’ve build a report with direct queries and parametrized the connection to switch between diffrent Azure Servers & Database. In Power BI service, when I change connection parameters and update credentials the report data doesn’t change. Am I missing something?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Direct queries with connection parameter not working

Hi @Daveiteng ,

Unfortunately, parametrized connection string seems not works in directquery mode, you are refer to its notice to switch to import mode to achieve your requirement.

7.png
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Xiaoxin 

Parameters are working with DirectQuery mode on PBI Desktop, but not on PBI Service. Also, I'm not getting the error message that you indicated in your post to Switch Alltables to Import mode.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Daveiteng ,

Is there any other connection mode datasource mixed in your request? I think you are work with composite models, right?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Meet the 2020 Season 2 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 2 Power BI Super Users!

Find out who's part of the program this season, and welcome the new Super Users.

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

July 2020 Community Highlights

July 2020 Community Highlights

Learn about the exciting things that happened in July.

Featured Data Story of The Month

Featured Data Story of The Month

All Data Stories Gallery contributions are reviewed for each month. We select a contribution and feature the community member the following month.

Power BI Dev Camp - Developing with .NET Core

Power BI Dev Camp - Developing with .NET Core

Learn how to develop custom web applications for Power BI using .NET Core 3.1 and .NET 5.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors