Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daveiteng
Frequent Visitor

Direct queries with connection parameter not working

I’ve build a report with direct queries and parametrized the connection to switch between diffrent Azure Servers & Database. In Power BI service, when I change connection parameters and update credentials the report data doesn’t change. Am I missing something?

Similarly on Power BI desktoop, If I chnage connection parameters > Apply Changes> I get a popup showing "Do you approve running this native query?"

4 REPLIES 4
Daveiteng
Frequent Visitor

I’ve build a report with direct queries and parametrized the connection to switch between diffrent Azure Servers & Database. In Power BI service, when I change connection parameters and update credentials the report data doesn’t change. Am I missing something?

Hi @Daveiteng ,

Unfortunately, parametrized connection string seems not works in directquery mode, you are refer to its notice to switch to import mode to achieve your requirement.

7.png
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin 

Parameters are working with DirectQuery mode on PBI Desktop, but not on PBI Service. Also, I'm not getting the error message that you indicated in your post to Switch Alltables to Import mode.

Thanks

Hi @Daveiteng ,

Is there any other connection mode datasource mixed in your request? I think you are work with composite models, right?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors