Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amlucius
Frequent Visitor

Direct link to "Shared with me" doesn't work

Our organization set a link to https://app.powerbigov.us/sharedwithme on the office's internal homepage. When users click the link, it goes to this page initially (even after log-in), but then immediately bounces to their personal workspace. I notice this issue doesn't happen with other direct links, like recentely viewed, but I need "Shared with me."

Is there a workaround? Can this be fixed?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @amlucius,

It seems that your scenario is for Power BI US Government.

I'm afraid I cannot help you further. Please create a support ticket to get more professional help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

amlucius
Frequent Visitor

Found a workaround: create a dashboard and share it with the office/group/organization who will use the direct link. Direct linking to "Shared with me" will now work for all these users. You can do this from your personal workspace or an app workspace. If "Shared with me" is their main access point, they'll likely never see this dashboard.

It would be nice if Microsoft fixed this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amlucius
Frequent Visitor

Found a workaround: create a dashboard and share it with the office/group/organization who will use the direct link. Direct linking to "Shared with me" will now work for all these users. You can do this from your personal workspace or an app workspace. If "Shared with me" is their main access point, they'll likely never see this dashboard.

It would be nice if Microsoft fixed this.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @amlucius,

It seems that your scenario is for Power BI US Government.

I'm afraid I cannot help you further. Please create a support ticket to get more professional help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply. To better inform support, would you mind testing for me if this issue also occurs in the commerical service? That is, can you try direct linking to "Shared with me" and tell me if it places you on that landing page, or if it forces you elsewhere?

Hi @amlucius,

By my tests in my site, if I copy the direct linking to "Shared with me" and paste it in InPrivate window or the browser I have not signed in , it will redirect to the sign in page.

If I have signed in Power BI account and open the direct link, it will show the Shared with me page.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Thanks, Cherry. To be clear, my experience is that "shared with me" opens after the log-in screen (i.e., Power BI uses the original direct link whether log-in happens or not) but something causes an immediate redirection out of "shared with me" to the workspace. This happens whether I'm logged in or not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors