Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nishantjaincent
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Direct Query with Dataflows - load balancing operation error

Hi, 

I am using Direct Query with dataflows and aggregation. But I keep gettin the below error message everytime I refresh my dataflows. Any suggestion what might be happening

Error.png

Thanks

Nishant

7 REPLIES 7
Kavs30
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I am receiving the same error, while trying to create dataset from dataflows with Direct Query.

Kavs30_0-1625503482838.png

@Kavs30 

I have experienced that this error happens when you are trying to pull a large volume of data. I think it is restricte to a 1m rows but I could be wrong. 

Hi @nishantjaincent :

I doubt that as it says use direct query to work with large dataset. So you did not find any solution to this problem?

This issue got resolved  for me once i updated my PowerBI desktop

The limit is not on large datasets but the query you are running against it. If you query returns very high volume, that's where I think this error happens. I could be wrong though. 

Have you tried to query small number of rows and see if it works. You can then build from there

Hi @nishantjaincent 

I have connected it via direct query and in table visual, i have just added one column and after that i started receiving this error.

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nishantjaincent ,

Sorry for that, We cannot reproduce the issue here and also not found an effective solution.
We suggest you to open a ticket here for help: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - September 30th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.