Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nishantjaincent
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Direct Query with Dataflows - load balancing operation error

Hi, 

I am using Direct Query with dataflows and aggregation. But I keep gettin the below error message everytime I refresh my dataflows. Any suggestion what might be happening

Error.png

Thanks

Nishant

7 REPLIES 7
Kavs30
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I am receiving the same error, while trying to create dataset from dataflows with Direct Query.

Kavs30_0-1625503482838.png

@Kavs30 

I have experienced that this error happens when you are trying to pull a large volume of data. I think it is restricte to a 1m rows but I could be wrong. 

Hi @nishantjaincent :

I doubt that as it says use direct query to work with large dataset. So you did not find any solution to this problem?

This issue got resolved  for me once i updated my PowerBI desktop

The limit is not on large datasets but the query you are running against it. If you query returns very high volume, that's where I think this error happens. I could be wrong though. 

Have you tried to query small number of rows and see if it works. You can then build from there

Hi @nishantjaincent 

I have connected it via direct query and in table visual, i have just added one column and after that i started receiving this error.

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nishantjaincent ,

Sorry for that, We cannot reproduce the issue here and also not found an effective solution.
We suggest you to open a ticket here for help: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.