Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shivprasads
Frequent Visitor

Direct Query take a long time to show updated data

I have created a Direct Query report which is collected to the live database.

Once I change something in the database, the dataset needs to be refreshed manually or need to wait for a while before the scheduled refresh takes place.

Once the refresh is done, the report section in the portal shows up the latest data but the embed link created still shows the old data and takes around 15 mins more to update.

The data being drawn belongs to a single table and contains not more than 400 records,  if that help.

I need to understand if I am missing out on something or this is the way it should be working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@shivprasads

It should be a normal situation. In this official document, there are some notice points as below.

After you create your Publish to web embed code and share it, the report is updated with any changes you make. However, it’s important to know that it can take a while for update to be visible to your users. Updates to a report or visual take approximately one hour to be reflected in Publish to web embed codes.

Data refreshes are automatically reflected in your embedded report or visual. It can take approximately 1 hour for refreshed data to be visible from embed codes.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@shivprasads

It should be a normal situation. In this official document, there are some notice points as below.

After you create your Publish to web embed code and share it, the report is updated with any changes you make. However, it’s important to know that it can take a while for update to be visible to your users. Updates to a report or visual take approximately one hour to be reflected in Publish to web embed codes.

Data refreshes are automatically reflected in your embedded report or visual. It can take approximately 1 hour for refreshed data to be visible from embed codes.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Thanks a lot for the citation.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@shivprasads Fact that you're seeing new data in portal straight away means there is nothing broken and it works. By embed link do you mean Publish to Web if yes then it should work as well with DQ and not wait till 15 minutes.

Thanks  @ankitpatira for the  response.

The new data is seen on the portal only once a scheduled refresh is done(which generally happens with an interval of 10-15 mins) or requires to explicitly refresh the dataset - is this how it should work?

Yes, by embed link I do mean the publish to web link. once the new data is seen on portal, it takes 15 more mins to be visible on the reports of those links.

Regards,

ShivprasadS

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors