Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct Query in Service not refreshing the visual's data, works fine in desktop

Hi All,

I have created a report with Direct query. In desktop the refresh works fine. I published it to service. When I refresh the visual manually it only updates the last refresh time but the data of the visual does not update. I checked everything. The report shows the gateway is online, the data source is online but no idea why it does not refreshes and updates the data. Please help me with the resolution.

I am using November 2018 desktop version.

6 REPLIES 6
MarcioL
Helper I
Helper I

Did you get a solution for this? 

When I publish a report it updates the data but not the visuals. Where this what you have experienced?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarcioL Not yet, I have opened a support ticket with Microsoft to resolve this issue.

In my case, nothing refreshes. It just shows 'Last refresh successfully completed'.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi shiv4422,

Does this issue happens on all of the datasource in your gateway cluster? Please update your data gateway to the lastest version and check again.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Jimmy for the reply.

It is happening randomly for other reports too. But many reports work fine.

I will try the solution you have suggested and update if it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jimmy, I am sorry I missed your point about Data Sources. No, it is not happening with all the data sources in my gateway and even I am using the same data source in other report it is working fine and refreshing without any issue. I restarted the gateway and then tried to refresh the report, still it is not updating the data only the last refresh date and time changes.

Hi shiv4422,

Have you updated on-premises data gateway to the lastest version?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors