Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct Query - how does it refresh when embedded in Sharepoint?

Can someone explain.. I have a Power BI report that has  both import and direct query data sources. The Direct Query needs to be the latest data always when a user looks at it. Users are accessing it in SharePoint. Since there's no refresh button on sharepoint, does it still know that it needs to pull the latest data when a user opens the sharepoint page that has the report on it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there Every time a user interacts with a report page that has got a DirectQuery it will fire off the query to the source and then render the results. Depending on how it is set up it might have to be refreshed for the entire page to see the latest data on the report page. The dashboard tiles can be configured for auto refreshing but not the report pages unfortunately.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there Every time a user interacts with a report page that has got a DirectQuery it will fire off the query to the source and then render the results. Depending on how it is set up it might have to be refreshed for the entire page to see the latest data on the report page. The dashboard tiles can be configured for auto refreshing but not the report pages unfortunately.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors