cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justair07 Resolver I
Resolver I

Direct Query Report Sharepoint Data Source Issue

Hello,

I've used gateways for all of my reports and dashboards in the past. I'm attempting my fist Direct Query report and I'm having trouble setting up the gateway. The radio button is greyed out and I dont know why (see picture).

greyed out.JPG

So I choose the dropdown to look at the datasources and I see the red x on the Sharepoint data source. Does this have to be apart of the gateway also? With other reports I didn't have to make it a part of the gateway since it is on Sharepoint.

red x.JPG

If I do have to add it, how can I do that? I don't see an option in the credential configuration for oauth, I only see Anonymous and Windows.

sharepoint.JPG

UPDATE:

Now when I try to use my Personal Gateway (my PC) I'm getting this error (how is this possible, frustrating):

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

New UPDATE:

I can't even see my Data source credentials

Capture.JPG

Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TeigeGao Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Direct Query Report Sharepoint Data Source Issue

Hi @Justair07 ,

I have seen a similar problem before, actually, the online sharepoint doesn't require a gateway, I would suggest you opening a ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TeigeGao Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Justair07 ,

I have seen a similar problem before, actually, the online sharepoint doesn't require a gateway, I would suggest you opening a ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

tbuckingham
Regular Visitor

@Justair07 @TeigeGao  is there an explantion on this issue yet? I am currently experiencing the same problem with my SharePoint data source

Justair07 Resolver I
Resolver I

@tbuckingham I'm just excluding the Sharpoint sources from my gateway and everything seems to be fine now. Not really a fix but a workaround.

tbuckingham
Regular Visitor

@Justair07 i appreciate  the quick response. Might not be able to leverage that in my scenario but definitely good to know. Thanks again!

tbuckingham
Regular Visitor

@Justair07 i was able to use the same approach. I was unaware SP online list auto-referesh every hour or so. Tested and see new data coming in. I appreciate it!

Highlighted
Justair07 Resolver I
Resolver I

@tbuckingham glad to hear!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.