cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Justair07 Member

Direct Query Report Sharepoint Data Source Issue

Hello,

I've used gateways for all of my reports and dashboards in the past. I'm attempting my fist Direct Query report and I'm having trouble setting up the gateway. The radio button is greyed out and I dont know why (see picture).

greyed out.JPG

So I choose the dropdown to look at the datasources and I see the red x on the Sharepoint data source. Does this have to be apart of the gateway also? With other reports I didn't have to make it a part of the gateway since it is on Sharepoint.

red x.JPG

If I do have to add it, how can I do that? I don't see an option in the credential configuration for oauth, I only see Anonymous and Windows.

sharepoint.JPG

UPDATE:

Now when I try to use my Personal Gateway (my PC) I'm getting this error (how is this possible, frustrating):

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

New UPDATE:

I can't even see my Data source credentials

Capture.JPG

Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Direct Query Report Sharepoint Data Source Issue

Hi @Justair07 ,

I have seen a similar problem before, actually, the online sharepoint doesn't require a gateway, I would suggest you opening a ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Direct Query Report Sharepoint Data Source Issue

Hi @Justair07 ,

I have seen a similar problem before, actually, the online sharepoint doesn't require a gateway, I would suggest you opening a ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 293 members 2,960 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: