Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chrisread9907
Frequent Visitor

Direct Query Browser Refresh

HI,

Im struggling to find the information i need,

I have an onsite SQL data source with a gateway setup with the data set published to power BI workspace. 

From what I understand the direct query should refrsh every 15 minutes in dashboard view in a browser?

However it is only refreshing on a manual refresh.

Have I done something wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
chrisread9907
Frequent Visitor

However, After looking furthur, I can see it is refrshing acording to the logs:

Capture.PNG

It seems the changes are not passing through when in full screen mode?

@chrisread9907

The dashboard tile refresh per 15 minutes only updates the cache for tile visuals, on the dashboard. But for the underlying dataset with direct query, it actually executes scheduled refresh every 20 to 30 minutes like you seen in refresh history. However, when the underlying data changes, it can't fire a tile refresh to sychronize those data changes to tile immediately. So if you need latest data on demand, I suggest you always refresh the tile manually before checking the data.

Regards,

Thank you for clarifying this,

It makes more sense now that i understand the workings, 

it can't fire a tile refresh to sychronize those data changes to tile immediately.

As you say it cant show data imidiatley, is there any form of sheduled refresh at larger intervals?

I have had it partly working usig a browser extension to refresh the webpage every X number of minutes, however it seems very inconsitant, for example, ive seen the data not change for 4 days.

Kind Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors