Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Direct Queries optimization

Hey, I am facing higher lags with direct query report as it is getting locking conflicts with the SQL DB source tables.

I am trying to find a way to remove that lock, unable to find a solution. It would be great if someone can guide me to the right approach.

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can consider to use sql profiler to trace queries which power bi generated:

How to turn on SSAS profiler traces in Power BI desktop

Power BI performance best practices

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft 

Hi, I have tried using SQL profiler it is performing queries in milliseconds but when opened in power bi embedded they are taking longer time. We find out sometimes there are locks in the sql tables while accessing the table using power bi from multiple users while updating tables. how to avoid that, are  there any best practices documented for power bi embedded.

Hi @Anonymous ,

What type of embed you mean? Publish to web or power bi embedded? How did you setting sql database maximum sessions amount? AFAIK, power bi not contains writeback operational database and user view request should works in same sessions.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft 

It is Power BI Embedded.

I am aware of the fact that power bi does not have native writebacks. Our application write its output in db as per user request and power bi displays the result of it with historical info. Somehow it is getting locked up with db read and write processes.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have many records your db has? Can you confirm your device has enough idle memory resource(RAM) to processing refresh operation? If this is a case, power bi refresh requests will been block/canceled due to memory resource(RAM) issues.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors