Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lilylv
Helper I
Helper I

Different performance between power bi service and desktop for line and stacked column chart legend

Need help to fix the problem, thanks!

Details:

The line&stacked column chart legend displayed in a different way between power bi service and desktop.

I have 4 column values and 2 line values in a chart , in the desktop pbi file, the legend order of these 5 values displays as expected, but when I upload it to onedrive and link to power bi service, the order changed, different between the orginal setting in pbi desktop. And I haven't met this problem last month, it seems a new update or change in power bi service, does anyone know about that??

Best Regards,

Lily  

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In some project i've had ordering "remember" the sequence data appeared.  For Example you might had ACD in your data and then EB arrive later, so in your project you see ACDEB, but when you upload this project to the service that history is lost and you see ABCDE in the graph.

Every graph has the ability to set the ordering using the ... menu in the top right, you can select which column to order on.

I've also seen occasions where I hadn't specified in my file which one to use and the Online Version has made a different selection (Size of the bar rather than chronological as an example).

Try specifying in your file using that menu what the sort order should be.

Thanks for the solution, but I cannot change the legend order with the more "..." menu.

Here is the screenshot of the different performance between pbi service and desktop.

I add 6 fields in "column values" & "line values" in pbi desktop and upload it to pbi service, but the legend orders are different.

Untitled.png

Order in pbi desktop:

Untitled2.png

Order in pbi service:

Untitled3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do the dash values represent?  I've noticed you have a few of them, which the graph is considering as a different item?

I'm wondering if those are the issue as it might be having a hard time being consistant with the ordering with those strange values.

I create these dash values in order to indicate specific months in the graph, for example, I can put all the data with month December in yellow color ... just by using an additional field(month-dec data) and the “-”  is just the name to display, it's possible to change them to December MTD/...,but I don't want to show too many legends which are not very neccesary to the users. In fact, for these dash values I would like to hide them, but unfortunately it's not available, so I put "-" as their names.

Hi @Lilylv

Our team has reported this issue internally.

This is now under investigation.

I will update as soon as i get any information.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft @Lilylv @Anonymous

I am facing similar issue in powerbi service legend order is diffrenet then powerbi desktop (.pbix file)

Legend order is getting change on powerbi services after publishing the .pbix file

So, is it resolved? or still under investigation?

your response is highly appreceated

Thanks In Advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors