Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ftuser
Regular Visitor

Difference of rendering between desktop and Service (size of segment)

Hi,

I have a report for which I see differences in the rendering of the segments between the desktop version and the Service version

The Service version produce higher segments like in screenshot below.

The scaling is 100% for the 2 versions and all objects (problematics segment and others) have exactly the same size and position in properties.

The export of the Service version give the result as the original desktop version.

Is there any trick to manage that or is this a well-known bug ?

Edit : The problem appears with Firefox (101.0.1) but not with Chrome (103.0.5060.53).

It may be a problem with the used font : "DIN Light"

Note that I found some other visual problem with these font (size of texts are not equals in différents browsers)

SegmentRenderingProblem.png

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @ftuser ,

This may be related to the customize font size of each browser.

vyangliumsft_1-1656322387148.png

You are clicking in Edit to see if the font is still different

vyangliumsft_2-1656322387151.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks you for these elements.

The problematic value in the screenshot example are in Din Light 13. And the size is well 13 in my firefox and in my chrome.

Firefox and Chrome are configured with no low limit for font size and a size of 16 by default.

If I increase low limit in something like 20, the font grows up and it's worst. Note that in the report the defined font increase in consequence.

If I reduce the default size it doesn't change anything.

In another point, I don't know why DIN font is proposed in PBI (not proposed everywhere and not given by default in chrome or firefox nor installed/available by default in windows).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors