Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference of R-ggplot graph between PBI-Desktop and PBI-Service

Can someone help me with the following issue. In PowerBI Desktop I made an R graph (ggplot).

Screenshot_PBI-Desktop.PNG

The size of the graph title is ok, there is a label on the Y-axis and in the gray bars on the right there is some text. When I uploaded the report te PBI-Service the settings of the graph has been changed:

- the size of the graph title is smaller

- there is no label on the Y-axis

- there is no text in the gray bars  on the right.

Screenshot_PBI-Service.PNG

I don't know what happened. I have a pro-licence, so I think that's not the problem.

I've added the PBI-report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/50vso7n7vomk1un/R-ggplot-graph.pbix?dl=0

thanks!

Paul Bertens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous

There was a bug fix a little while ago that appears to have unintentionally led to this regression. We already know the fix, we can start right away on getting it deployed, though it may take a little while.

In the meantime if this is causing issues, there is a workaround. You can add the following lines to the beginning of your R script:

if (exists("powerbi_rFontName")){
  library("showtext")
  showtext.opts(dpi = powerbi_rPngDeviceDpi)
  showtext.auto()
}

I created a PBIX with 2 R visuals, 1 without the fix and one with. I’ve pasted below 2 screenshots I took: one of the visuals in PBI Desktop, and another of the same pbix once published to service. Once the fix is deployed, these lines can be removed, but they should not cause any issues if you leave them.

Best Regards
Maggie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It has been submit at CRI 75525272 for R script text size related issues.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-juanli-msft

I have the same issue as on this post and this post. Can you inform me when the bug is fixed?

Thanks,

Regards,

Paul Bertens

Hi @Anonymous

There was a bug fix a little while ago that appears to have unintentionally led to this regression. We already know the fix, we can start right away on getting it deployed, though it may take a little while.

In the meantime if this is causing issues, there is a workaround. You can add the following lines to the beginning of your R script:

if (exists("powerbi_rFontName")){
  library("showtext")
  showtext.opts(dpi = powerbi_rPngDeviceDpi)
  showtext.auto()
}

I created a PBIX with 2 R visuals, 1 without the fix and one with. I’ve pasted below 2 screenshots I took: one of the visuals in PBI Desktop, and another of the same pbix once published to service. Once the fix is deployed, these lines can be removed, but they should not cause any issues if you leave them.

Best Regards
Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors