Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RWE
Regular Visitor

Difference in data when refreshed in Service

Hello Power BI Gods! 

I am looking for advice! When I work on a specefic report in Desktop I calculate a number of about 15 Mil. I then uploade it to service, and the number is still about 15. When I then connect to the gateway and run an update in service, that number change to more than 100 BILLION!! Everything is connected directly to our SQL database, and I did not have this problem before I changed the ownership of the report and the SQL database. 

I only changes the numbers for one counrty (we have data for four countries) and for only one customer. For that specefic country and customer, I use a calculated currency table, provided directly from the SQL database to change the currency, so the final number is in the same currency. I don't know why there is a difference between Desktop and Service, but I can update in Desktop multiple times with the same credentials and get around 15, but when I update in Service the number changes drastically. It kinda looks like Service just adds three zeros to each order from that specefic customer.

Please help, I do not know what to do anymore.  (i dont think I can share the dataset as it is confidential)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RWE
Regular Visitor

So at @lbendlin  mentioned there was a problem with the seperators! in the currency converter the decimal seperator was a . instead of a , which resulted in the problems when uploaded to Service. Thank you for your help! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RWE
Regular Visitor

So at @lbendlin  mentioned there was a problem with the seperators! in the currency converter the decimal seperator was a . instead of a , which resulted in the problems when uploaded to Service. Thank you for your help! 🙂

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

@RWE Most likely a locale mismatch - comma and period as decimal separator vs thousands separator.  See if you can convert the source data to a more universal format.

Hi:) Yeah I though the same. But i think it is wierd that no other income seem to change. When looking at the excat same data in Desktop, the numbers are correct. And when uploading in SErvice, everything is fine. But if I update the report in service (the automatic refresh) the numbers suddenly change, and onl for one customer (who originally pays in antoher currency, but have been converted to the same currency as everything else).

Therefore I do not see how the seperator can be the problem 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors