Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andershh
Advocate I
Advocate I

Difference in Line Chart visualization between Power BI Desktop and app.powerbi.com

Hi Power BI Community

I am having some issues with the Line Chart visual in Power BI. The trouble is that there is a difference between how the graph is displayed in Power BI Desktop and app.powerbi.com.

In Power BI Desktop my Line Chart the black line is disjointed when there are days with no data (this is what I want it to look like).

However, when uploading the report to app.powerbi.com the black line is no longer disjointed.

See below images:

Power BI DesktopPower BI Desktopdapp.powerbi.comapp.powerbi.com

Does any of you know why there is this difference between the two?

Many thanks beforehand!

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andershh

A similar problem has been reported, after testing and discussing, we could raise the following summary:

By Design, new charts with numeric axes will pick "continuous" which will generate linear spaced tick marks (e.g. 0, 5, 10, 15 ... 30). If an existing chart changed, perhaps the axis type was still undefined and a modeling change caused the "week number" field to change from "text" to "numeric". This is not a product bug, something must have changed in the model or report and the default behavior worked as expected.

Could you check you setting for your chart and make some changes, perhaps set the axis type to categorical and update the sort?

Best regards

Maggie

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Looks like some sort of bug one way or the other. I'd report it to Issues.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors