Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Diferences between Power Bi Pro, Free and Premium

Hi guys sorry to post this topic here but i dont find where i can saw a concrete diference between Power Bi Pro and Power Bi Premium (the thing is that my company wants to create an control pannel with different indicators with a database we have in our company).

We are an small size company with like about 50 employees. But the ones that will saw the reports or the control panel in question are about 3 o 4 Users. And of course i will be doing all the things that my company needs... 

My question is what i need to purchase so i can do the things that i list here? I mean get a Power Bi Pro license so i can do the reports and get 4 Power Bi free licenses?? Get 5 Power Bi Pro Licenceses? or how can i do this??

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As your description, I think Pro license can meet your reuqirement. Only Pro users can publish content to app workspaces, consume apps without Premium capacity, share dashboards and subscribe to dashboards and reports. Free users can now connect to all data sources through all connectivity options such as DirectQuery, live connection and the use of the data gateway.

For more details, please check the online document.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys sorry to post this topic here but i dont find where i can saw a concrete diference between Power Bi Pro and Power Bi Premium (the thing is that my company wants to create an control pannel with different indicators with a database we have in our company).

We are an small size company with like about 50 employees. But the ones that will saw the reports or the control panel in question are about 3 o 4 Users. And of course i will be doing all the things that my company needs... 

My question is what i need to purchase so i can do the things that i list here? I mean get a Power Bi Pro license so i can do the reports and get 4 Power Bi free licenses?? Get 5 Power Bi Pro Licenceses? or how can i do this??

Thanks in advance!

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As your description, I think Pro license can meet your reuqirement. Only Pro users can publish content to app workspaces, consume apps without Premium capacity, share dashboards and subscribe to dashboards and reports. Free users can now connect to all data sources through all connectivity options such as DirectQuery, live connection and the use of the data gateway.

For more details, please check the online document.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and thanks for the answers so now i can easily buy the licences and then do the things that we are planning to do!!

Thanks!.

nirvana_moksh
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

If you are a small size company with limited amount of data Power BI Premium wont make much sense based on its cost and you should consider Power BI PRO licenses instead. Collobrations and sharing is what mainly distinguishes the two. To view any reports in the WorkSpace a Pro License is needed so whoever is to view reports must have a PRO license (on the contrary having a workspace on premium capacity allows free users to view content)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors