Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Erokor
Resolver II
Resolver II

Did Artifact Level Security for APPs not make the March 2022 Release?

Artifact Level Security is one of my most anticipated features that has been on the Release Plan for quite some-time, originally scheduled for preview in December 2021, and then pushed back to March 2022, I was so sure it wouldn't miss the deadline this time - but alas no notes on it. I see the article was updated on 03/02/2022 - but I don't see any settings or anywhere that I can enable the features. Can anyone with the inside scoop let me know if this is still planned for release (at a minimum)?

Kind Regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Erokor ,

According to the information given in the latest documentation, the release of this feature may be delayed.

vhenrykmstf_1-1648003589220.png

vhenrykmstf_0-1648003511858.png

I will continue to follow up and keep you informed!

New and planned features for Power BI, 2021 release wave 2 - Power Platform Release Plan | Microsoft...

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Erokor
Resolver II
Resolver II

As of the latest Power BI release schedule (July 2022) this was pushed back to the September release. There are a few tweaks/improvements the team needs to make. I'm sure the release will be better because of it. Keep up the good work!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Erokor
Resolver II
Resolver II

As of the latest Power BI release schedule (July 2022) this was pushed back to the September release. There are a few tweaks/improvements the team needs to make. I'm sure the release will be better because of it. Keep up the good work!

Erokor
Resolver II
Resolver II

I've recieved notice that the tracking of this for the release plan has moved to here

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Erokor ,

According to the information given in the latest documentation, the release of this feature may be delayed.

vhenrykmstf_1-1648003589220.png

vhenrykmstf_0-1648003511858.png

I will continue to follow up and keep you informed!

New and planned features for Power BI, 2021 release wave 2 - Power Platform Release Plan | Microsoft...

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

May release just occurred and I still don't see this feature. Any update?

@Anonymous based on this reddit.com/r/powerbi post with replies by Power BI Program Manager Alex Powers it appears it was moved to July Release Cycle. You can follow up on any public information by using his awesome Power BI Release Plan.

@v-henryk-mstf good deal, I'm hoping there is a sign-up for this Private Preview.

Hi @Erokor ,

Also hope the official can consider sign-up for Private Preview in the subsequent update.😃

Best Regards,
Henry

SimonGoldPPG
Frequent Visitor

Totally agree. I have been waiting for this feature for a while and was looking forward to the March Release. 

I'm wondering what will need to be done to get into this "Private Preview" at this point, I'm willing to give up my humanity to be in it.

I am also supremely bummed out about this. I was planning on launching to an audience of 50 new users. Now I have to figure out what to do. Deploying identical reports all over the place is kind of a nightmare... that's if my boss even approves of that approach, which is doubtful.

I am desperate to get in any preview of this feature. I don't know if I would go so far as to sacrifice my humanity, unless it was to become some sort of bird because I've always wanted to fly. But anyway I would pay a few hundred bucks. 😄

Erokor
Resolver II
Resolver II

Honestly surprised this has no comments. Any Power BI Developer that works with a Sales Team that likes their stuff separated between who can see what would understand.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors