Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TCavins
Helper V
Helper V

Determine which reports are DirectQuery

Is there a way in either the Service or Desktop to get a report of which datasets Import and which ones use DirectQuery? Trying to find ones that are DirectQuery and the only way I know is to go through all of the workspaces and see which ones are not refreshing and then click on those from there.

5 REPLIES 5
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TCavins

Is your issue solved? If the issue has been solved, please adopt the solution to help others.

Thanks! 😉

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Yes and no. While I can check each individual report manual as some of have shown, I'm looking for some report or easy access in the service to view all at once without having to manually open each report.

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TCavins

Please check this related post.

Here is the solution mentioned in the post:

vxulinmstf_0-1627455815854.png

But the current version shows "Scheduled refresh" in both connection modes.

However, we can still determine the two connection modes based on the refresh frequency.

Directquery:

vxulinmstf_1-1627455984567.png

Import:

vxulinmstf_3-1627456065434.png

Hope it helps!

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @TCavins ,

in Power BI Desktop there is not in the bottom right corner when the storage mode is Direct Query or mixed:

selimovd_0-1627307671449.png

Like this you can see if the report is in import or DQ or mixed mode.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Yes, I'm aware of that in the Desktop but we have hundreds of reports and I'd like to not have to open each one individually within the Desktop to find out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors