Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DaveAl
Frequent Visitor

Determine if Incremental Refresh is enabled?

Hi All,

I've recently inherited responsibility for a group of dashboards from a previous employee (who left on bad terms). 

I want to ensure they're using the incremental refresh. Typically, I would just check the PBIX file in Desktop... but I don't have the PBIX files (again, bad terms). 

I tried to download them, but I can't due to "You can't download this file right now because it has been designated as a large model."

It is my understanding (but I may be wrong) that Large Model doesn't necessarily require incremental refresh, it's just a best practice.

So, is there any other way I can determine if these reports as using incremental refresh?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DaveAl
Frequent Visitor

Replying to myself here, just in case anyone else has a similar problem: 

You can turn off Large Model in the dataset configuration options, and then download the PBIX. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DaveAl
Frequent Visitor

Replying to myself here, just in case anyone else has a similar problem: 

You can turn off Large Model in the dataset configuration options, and then download the PBIX. 

Hi @DaveAl ,

Has your problem been solved?

A similar thread for your reference: Incremental Refresh | How to test if it is working? - Online Service - Enterprise

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors