Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NickTrent32
Advocate II
Advocate II

Determine Personal Workspace Owner within Impact Analysis

I have a dataset where users have permissions to build reports using that dataset. Using the Impact Analysis pane within the Lineage View, I can see that I have 1 report built using that dataset within my workspace/app and 11 other users have reports built using that dataset within their personal workspaces.

How can I determine the owner of the those personal workspaces?

Prior to the Impact Analysis pane, there was a pane called "View Related" (if memory serves). Within that pane, a dataset owner would be notified of users who have built reports using that dataset within their personal workspaces. And, if I hovered over the icon that proivided that notification, the users email address would appear in a tooltip. However, that functionality appears to be gone.

Untitled.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @NickTrent32 

Lineage View In new look :

75.png

Lineage View in old look:

74.png

And if  you are a powerbi administrator ,you can  check  the owner of the those workspaces here.

Admin portal->workspace

76.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-easonf-msft I am not a Power BI admin. That function is limited in my organization to just a select few. In the new look, is there any other are where I can see who is the owner of those personal workspaces?

However, as a work around, I did just switch to the old look and I was able to hover over the dashboards and workspaces to get the users email in the tool tip. See beow.

Untitled.png

Hi , @NickTrent32 

After my test ,I find  it just show the related workspace name  and i counld't see  any users email in the tool tip.

Please recheck it . Most likely it was just that the workspace contained the user's email when it was named.

20.png

As of now, I can't think of any other way except that the administrator can search the workspace name  to find the workspace owner through the  workspace  in admin portal.

I hope someone can provide a better way.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors