Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

corodyne
Frequent Visitor

Desktop vs. Web Filled Map

Hi team,

Question:  Can anyone tell me what may be going wrong here?

I ran into a problem today with a difference between BI Desktop and BI as a Service (web).  The filled map works perfectly in the desktop version, but behaves strangely when uploaded to the service.

Details:

- All data imported into a single table (regions and states)

- Bubble map acts as a counter for density of orders, also adjusts when region is clicked

Problem:

- Filled maps regions stop working when uploaded as a service

- images below show the problem (top is desktop version of the filled map, bottom is the web service version)

BI Desktop captureBI Desktop captureBI on the Web captureBI on the Web capture

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @corodyne,

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using? Make sure you're using the the latest version(2.48.4792.721) of Power BI Desktop.

If the issue persists, could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @corodyne,

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using? Make sure you're using the the latest version(2.48.4792.721) of Power BI Desktop.

If the issue persists, could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

I think this got fixed.  I tried the map again and it worked.  So, perhaps it was fixed behind the scenes.

Best,

Hi @corodyne,

Great to hear the problem got fixed. Could you accept your reply above as solution to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

Will do, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors